2023 VBS Keepers of the Kingdom
August 13 to August 17, 2023
Starting Time: 6:30pm
Return to Top of Page
View Keepers of the Kingdom Promotional Video
PREPARING CHILDREN TO SURVIVE IN TODAY’S WORLD
We are engaged in an epic battle for the hearts and minds of our youth. Every day, they’re bombarded with lies about who they are, who their Creator is, and where their salvation comes from. Thankfully, God has given his children armor to wear in this battle between truth and lies, light and darkness, good and evil.
With this VBS, your kids will learn how they can be part of God’s kingdom through salvation in his Son and will be equipped with the armor of God to become Keepers of the Kingdom—Standing strong in today’s battle for truth.
Family Fellowship Meal
There will be a family fellowship meal for all family members prior to the 2023 VBS Keepers of the Kingdom event each evening. The meal starting time will be 5:30pm. We look forward to seeing each of you for a meal and fellowship prior to our event.
Please register each member of your family joining us for dinner, participating in VBS and the adult sessions so that we can plan for the event appropriately. This will ensure we have sufficient food for the meal and materials for each session. We are looking forward to seeing you!
Please pre-register each child that will be attending our 2023 VBS event. This will help us plan for your arrival and speed up the onboarding process so that you do not need to stand in line. We also need to make sure we have enough food for your family. We are looking forward to seeing you for the Keepers of the Kingdom.
Register your child HERE:
We need Volunteers of His Kingdom to help us serve the children for their VBS experience. If you are willing to assist us a few hours, a day or each day please register and let us know your interest so we may plan and place you in an area you would enjoy being with the children.
Register to volunteer HERE:
Adult / Parent Registration:
Parent sessions will be available this year. Those wishing to attend will be provided with information at the registration area for the VBS event.
Transformation Sunday Setup Volunteer
We need volunteers to help us setup Sunday, August 13 afternoon to ready for the beginning of the 2023 VBS Event beginning at 6:30pm. If you are willing to assist us in these setup activities please signup so we may contact you and plan for your lunch.
2023 VBS Content Overview
|Day 1||The Two Kingdoms||Day 2||The Belt||Day 3||The Breastplate and Shoes||Day 4||The Shield and Helmet||Day 5||The Sword and Prayer|
|Bible Passages||Creator King and Prince of Darkness||John 18:37-38; Ephesians 6:10-14||Savior King||Genesis 1-3; Gospels; Ephesians 6:10-14||King Josiah||2 Kings 22-23; Ephesians 6:14-15||King Solomon||1 Kings 2-11; Ephesians 6:16-17a||King of Kings vs. Prince of the Air||Matthew 4:1-11; Ephesians 6:17-18a|
|Veritas Verses||Ephesians 6:10-11||Ephesians 6:14||Ephesians 6:15||Ephesians 6:16||Ephesians 6:17-18a|
|Animal Pals||Winifred ("Winnie") the Warhorse||Wiley the Fox||Grimwald the Dragon||Byron the Ironclad Beetle||Skye the Peregrine Falcon|
|Apologetics Focus||Absolute truth is true for all people, for all times, and for all circumstances.||Build a biblical worldview to stand strong in the truth.||Put on what's right (Jesus' righteousness), then do right.||Guard against false teachings and temptations.||Be ready to give an answer for the hope that is in you.|
|Kieran's Crafts in the Courtyard||Castle Catapult||Kingdom Crown||Fox and Geese Boards Game||Suncatcher Cross||Breastplate Tin Punch||King Josiah Puppet Theater||Faith Necklace||Faith Shield||Train Your Brain Card Caddy||Mini Sword|
|Kieran's Science in the Courtyard||What's Up?||Light and Dark||Goin' in Circles||Newton's Cradle||Pom-Pom Launcher||Force Field||Spring Thing||Balloon Jousting||Tests of Strength||Battering Ram|
|Griffin's Games on the Green||Capture the Flag||Jumpin' Jesters||Belt Bonanza||Bucket Brigade||Dragon Dash||Royal Games of Skill||Defend the Castle||Hat Stack||Knights' Obstacle Course||Sword Tag|
|Tessa's Treats in the Town||Kingdom Cookies||Be Strong Barbells||King's Cups||Fox Faces||Dragon Munchjies||Mini Pizza Shields||Cracker Shields||Moat Floats||Banana Swords|
|Cool Contests||Guess the Cannonballs||Team Tournaments||Dress-Up Day||Design a Helmet||Mission Money Mania|
What is the VBS cost this year?
There is no charge for this event.
Will you have childcare?
We will not have childcare for children under 2 years of age unless one of your family members are helping us serve the children during the 2023 VBS Event. If you would be interested in helping us serve the children please contact Michael Eicher or Mary Clark.
What are the VBS program hours?
The pre-school children program (Age 2-5) will begin at 6:30pm and end at 8:30pm.
The school-age children program (Grade 1-8) will begin at 6:30pm and end at 8:40pm.
The adult program will begin at 6:30pm and end at 8:00pm. This will be a program for parents and grandparents with the specific topic to be introduced in the coming weeks.
Who can come?
Everyone! Attendance at our Capital Kids 2023 VBS event is open to all community children and families. The adult sessions are open to all parents and grandparents. We look forward to meeting each family attending.
Typical Schedule for Children
To utilize the time we have as efficiently as possible we will follow a general schedule. Sometimes we may make last-minute changes due to the weather or other things that may come up. Below is a typical day for each age group:
Pre-School (Age 2-5)
- Rotation 1 – Opening Celebration – 6:30 – 6:50pm
- Rotation 2 – Snack / Mission – 6:50 – 7:15pm
- Rotation 3 – Crafts – 7:15 – 7:40pm
- Rotation 4 – Bible Story – 7:40 – 8:05pm
- Rotation 5 – Games – 8:05 – 8:30pm
Rotation 1 will be a full-group experience of worship and celebration.
Rotation 2 – 5 will be small groups of not more than 10 children to a group on a rotational schedule so each child will participate in each rotation each evening.
Elementary School-Age (Grade 1-6)
- Great Assembly – 6:30 – 6:50pm
- Truth Talk – 6:55 – 7:30pm
- Rotation 1 – Kieran’s Science – 7:35 – 7:55pm
- Rotation 2 – Griffin Games – 7:55 – 8:15pm
- Great Assembly – 8:20 – 8:35pm
- Check-out – 8:35pm
The Great Assembly will be a full-group experience of worship and celebration.
Rotation 1 and 2 will be small groups by grade and each child will participate in each rotation each evening.
The Final Great Assembly will be a full-group experience for closing each evening.
VBS Children Event Overview
Join us as we equip the children with The Armor of God!
Huzzah! We are engaged in an epic battle for the hearts and minds of our children. Every day, they are bombarded with lies about who they are, who their Creator is, and where their salvation comes from. Thankfully, God has given his children armor to wear in this battle between truth and lies, light and darkness, and good and evil.
With this VBS, your children will learn how they can be part of God’s kingdom through salvation in his Son and will be equipped with the armor of God to become Keepers of the Kingdom who stand strong in today’s battle for truth.
- The troupes will gather in the Great Hall; a high-energy beginning that includes wacky intros, lively songs, a Mission Moment, and prayer. It is then off to rotate through five sites:
- During the lesson time God’s Word is taught in hands on ways.
- Kids can feast on tantalizing treats and eats.
- Kids will be bedazzled by making special craft and science creations of their own.
- Kids can sing songs, commit the verses to memory with fun games, or watch the Mission Moment featuring the xxxxxx.
- For the closing children will have more singing, contest results, and the highly anticipated daily drama.
Experience God’s Word
This incredible VBS will equip children to think biblically so they can see through the lies of the enemy and hold fast to truth, wearing and wielding the armor of God.
With daily Bible content the children will experience God’s word in a big way because the daily Bible Point is carefully integrated into each activity. God’s Word comes alive through engaging interaction with Bible History!
- Bible Point: The Two Kingdoms
- Animal Pal: Winifred (“Winnie”) the Warhorse
- Equip Point: We will discover there are just two kingdoms – the kingdom of light versus the kingdom of darkness. One is rules by the good King, Creator God. The other is rules by the enemy, Satan.
- Bible Point: The Belt
- Animal Pal: Wily the Fox
- Equip Point: We must decide our side. Those who become citizens of God’s good kingdom need to wear the armor of God daily, starting with the belt of truth that helps us have an unshakable trust in God’s Word, along with helping us live as truthful people.
- Bible Point: The Breastplate and Shoes
- Animal Pal: Grimwald the Dragon
- Equip Point: The breastplate helps God’s children put on Christ’s righteousness and grow in right living. The shoe’s show us we can be at peace with God, wyich helps us stand firm in our Christian convictions and share Jesus with others.
- Bible Point: The Shield and Helmet
- Animal Pal: Byron the Ironclad Beetle
- Equip Point: The shield and helmet protect us from the enemy’s attacks – wrong thinking, discouragement, and deception. We will learn to discern!
- Bible Point: The Sword and Prayer
- Animal Pal: Skye the Peregrine Falcon
- Equip Point: The sword of the Spirit is the Word of God, which helps us train our brains to know, memorize, love, and obey God’s Word. And as we battle, we must pray!
Adult / Parent Event Overview
The Adult / Parent Event has not been finalized; however, there will be an event for parents and grandparents related to Biblical Parenting and Grandparenting or Family / Child Relationship. Information about this event will be communicated as the content is finalized.
Return to VBS Registration or Top of Page